Post new topic   Reply to topic    MMO SLAYERS Forum Index -> MineCraft Technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaldain
Tavern Proprietor (Admin)
Ascendant

re: How to install a Shader mod in Technic Modpacks

Okay, so I found a really good video on how to get Shaders into ANY MineCraft Technic Modpack.  Have a look, it isn't my work.  I'm just bringing it to you.  If you like the video, maybe support the fellow who did the video, go like, subscribe, etc.  Hope this helps.  Oh and before I forget, it will work for any Modpack, even those which don't use Optifine, but remember to find a suitable texturepack/resourcepack if you like and you may see some visual glitches with AMD video cards as their drivers don't completely handle OpenGL that great (where as they are the best when it comes to DirectX), but you'll be able to use shaders none the less.  (optifine fixes all this, btw).

Oh yeah the issue you are most likely to see with the AMD drivers is any magic effects on weapons and the Beacon's light will look like static, until AMD fixes their drivers...also apparently it isn't a problem in new builds of Minecraft after 1.7.10.

Last edited by Kaldain on Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Here are a couple of pics from our server NTR - Farwinds, using SEUS V11.0 Shaders without Optifine (using older Shaders Mod v2.3.31 Forge Edition for Minecraft 1.7.10 ).  NTR does not support Optifine and it will crash Technic if you try them.  It could be due to 1.7.10, not having the optimized version of Optifine that includes the Shadermod, as that didn't come out until 1.8.1.

Now, I did find a glitch when I went to the Nether.  The skybox (blue sky with clouds) shows through where it should be a red or dark orange background, so from reading about the way 1.7.10 handles shaders it is suggested to turn off shaders in 1.7.10 when going to the Nether.

How to boost your Frames per Second in Tekkit/Technic...

Okay I checked it out with some of the FPS adjustments recommended in the other video and I was getting over 20 fps with SEUS 10 (which runs way better than SEUS 11 on MC1.7.10, with only slightly lower quality shading). I also checked without shaders and was pulling around 40 fps. Now remember that NTR can't use Optifine and it has 87 mods in the package, though only 76 were active.

More of this conversation can be found on the Pixel Slayer's Facebook page...PIXEL SLAYERS FACEBOOK PAGE

Jump to: