Post new topic   Reply to topic    MMO SLAYERS Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vannden
Tavern Bard (Admin)
Marauder

re: MMO's for a bit

Man it's been a long time, but the last few months I have been having fun in wow, when suddenly I get kicked out mid game saying your payment didn't go though. Damn, I took a step back and said, wow what the f**k am I doing? I am paying 18.99 cnd to play a game monthly?? Damn I forgot how much this stuff costs! 

On steam I own over 300+ games but paid under $5 for most of them. If I had the ability to pay the $20 for the good games I would get them for life not one month. Hell if I played wow for three months or bought a $60.00 top of the line game on steam I would pick the top of the line game on steam and play for months or off and on forever, vs a few months in wow. 

So I quit that non-sense and gave my head a shake. It did prompt me however to look over my old MMO's and I jumped into GW2 with new interest since it was buy to play and I can play all I want. Andrew was saying something about a re-release of RIFT but as a pay game so no interest there but interesting they failed at pay, went F2P and made so much money they could afford to try pay again. 

Anyways my single player steam games are great, but this renewed interest in GW2 has got me at least playing an mmo that doesn't have a monthly sub for now. 

Ascendant

re: MMO's for a bit

Sounds good, and I understand where you are coming from.  I still say the best multiplayer games are the games you buy once and can play whenever, forever.  If you have the time and are a once game only type, which does exist, then the monthly game-as-a-service model can work, but I don't have enough time to put into a game-as-a-service style game to feel that I'm getting my money's worth. 

Games like Elder Scrolls Online (which I have to go back to at some point), Guild Wars 2 (another one I should go back to), Neverwinter (same again, :( ), and Destiny 2 all allow you to buy the core (yes I know Neverwinter is free), and play as much or as little as you want and in most cases you don't have to rely on others in your group playing at the same time.  So you can play at your speed and group when you want to group and take time off when real life shows up, and not feel like it is an anchor on your wallet all the time if you don't play. 

Welcome back Vannden, please share your adventures with us and I might jump into GW2 again to check it out...though Elder Scrolls Legends, RUST and now Destiny 2 are eating alot of my play time.

Jump to: