Post new topic   Reply to topic    MMO SLAYERS Forum Index -> MineCraft Technical
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaldain
Tavern Proprietor (Admin)
Ascendant

re: Shader Mods

Sonic Ether's Unbelievable Shaders v11.0

Okay so I'm not sure if I'm going to test too many of these shader mods for Minecraft, but just like texture packs they add a greater depth to Minecraft and make it look amazing.  I toyed around with shaders a couple of years ago, but lost them after an update so I lived with just my Mixcraft texture pack for a while.  Recently I thought I'd give it a try again.  The shader mod I'd used previously was Sonic Ether's shaders, and it looks way more amazing today.

The story about the pack is here at Shadersmods.com

Also here at Minecraft Forums.

re: Shader Mods

Well, I got Sonic Ether's Shader pack working on my Minecraft and working with my 1.10.2 home server.  It looks fantastic!!!

They only issue I have run into so far with the shaders is that I cannot use the shaders with our MMO Slayers Minecraft server Farwinds, which uses the Nova Tassa Realms mod pack.  After talking to TeamCanuck he told me that the shaders (which use Optifine and a few other plug ins) will not work with mods that contain Bios o' Plenty.  So, until such time as the BOP mod becomes compatible with Optifine, etc. there is no way other than resource pack/texture packs to improve the look of the NTR servers.  Farwinds is still a very fun server, but it is sad not to see it in all its shader glory!

On a side note, while I was playing with shaders I found out that even players with less advanced PCs can use shader's as I was able to get a different shader pack working on my son's, Hujmed, HP with i5 3rd gen, and intel HD 2500 graphics.  I will have to update later as the lower res shader pack name escapes me right now.

Jump to: